Associate Professor of Pervasive Computing
Distributed and Pervasive Systems Group
Institute of Computer Science
University of Tartu, Estonia.
Docent (Dosentti) at University of Helsinki, Finland.
Academy of Finland Postdoc Fellow (Alumni)
Faculty of Science Postdoc Fellow at University of Helsinki (Alumni)
E-mail: huber.flores AT ut.ee
Narva mnt 18 (Delta Centre)
51009 TARTU ÜLIKOOL
Curriculum Vitae - CV
Find me also in Google Scholar,
Courses that I am imparting this semester.
I conduct research in Mobile, Pervasive and Cloud Computing.
Prospective PhD students and postdocs: I am always looking for exceptional students with hunger to climb up to the top of the academic ladder, and willing to compete toe-to-toe with the best there is in our field. If you have the passion for distributed and pervasive systems, drop me an e-mail with "Candidate for DPS group" in the subject. Check our current open positions.
Research projects in progress:
Previous research projects to which I have contributed:
- [2019-2023][IT Estonian Academy Programme for Development of ICT Research] Foundations of Autonomous Unmanned Vehicles for Pervasive Sensing
- [2018-2021][Academy of Finland project] MAYA: A Social-aware Utility MarketPlace for Self-organizing Computing at the Edge
- [2017-2020][Faculty project] Social-aware Cross Device Sensing for Mobile Application Diffusion
- March 2019, The Hong Kong University of Science and Techonology, Prof. Pan Hui
- April 2018, Lancaster University, Dr. Petteri Nurmi
- January-August 2014, The Hong Kong University of Science and Techonology, Prof. Pan Hui
Huber Flores is an Associate Professor of Pervasive Computing at the Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia as well as a Docent (Affiliate Professor) at the University of Helsinki, Finland. Prior to that, he held the prestigious Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Fellowship and the competitive Faculty of Science Postdoctoral Fellowship of the University of Helsinki. He is former member of UBICOMP at University of Oulu, Finland, and SyMLab at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong. He is member of ACM (SIGMOBILE) and IEEE associations. He is also the recipient of the Jorma Ollila Award given by the Nokia Foundation. His major research interests include mobile and pervasive computing, distributed systems, and mobile cloud computing.
Talks and events album
Former member of the following research groups